At Davis Orthodontics, we know you take your teeth seriously — and so do we. Receiving orthodontic treatment, like braces or Invisalign, is a big deal, and we want you to feel as comfortable and informed as possible before making a decision. That’s why your first visit with Dr. Buddy Davis is often the most important appointment you’ll have with us. It’s a time to ask questions, get to know your doctor and set your mind at ease about any concerns you might have.
If you’ve never talked to an orthodontist before, you might be unsure what to expect from your consultation. Here’s what will happen during your first visit with your Greer and Simpsonville orthodontist and how best to prepare.
Meet the Davis Orthodontics Team
We believe that orthodontic treatment works best when you trust the people who are taking care of you. So first things first, we want you to get acquainted with the entire Davis Orthodontics crew. We’re in the business of creating smiles so expect to see a lot of smiling faces from our friendly team members, from the second you walk in the door to when you check out. At your first appointment, a team member will make sure we have your (or your child’s) dental and medical history and then give you a tour of the office. To fast track the administrative part of your consultation, you can even fill out your forms ahead of time.
Get Your Picture Taken
Well, photos of your teeth and jaw at least! After we’ve shown you around, we’ll set you up in our state-of-the-art treatment area to take in-depth diagnostic images. We use the latest orthodontic technology and x-rays to get a clear picture of what’s going on inside your mouth. Dr. Buddy will then conduct a thorough oral examination to gather even more information. All of this data will help Dr. Buddy identify and diagnose any problems, and ultimately create your customized treatment plan.
Understand Your Treatment Options
Once we have a better understanding of your unique situation, it’s time to have an open conversation with Dr. Buddy about next steps. He’ll want to know about your own goals from your treatment so he can recommend the best course of action for your lifestyle. Then he’ll walk you through his diagnosis and your treatment options. Dr. Buddy has the expertise and experience to give you the most comprehensive, modern options available.
Orthodontic treatment typically involves braces or Invisalign. These appliances come in many different styles, colors and forms, and the type of treatment you choose will depend on your personal needs and preferences. At Davis Orthodontics, we offer the following types of braces and Invisalign treatments:
- Traditional metal braces: The old school style traditional metal braces are super effective, which is why they’re still the most common choice today. However, metal braces are more visible than other types, so if you’d like something more discreet, a more modern style might be a better choice for you.
- Clarity™ ADVANCED Ceramic Braces: These braces offer the most innovative, aesthetically pleasing, clear bracket available. They’re transparent and small, making them barely noticeable, especially at a distance. If you want a more natural look, these braces could be the perfect option.
- Incognito™ Braces: Did you know you could get braces, complete with brackets and elastics, that you literally can’t see? A type of lingual braces, Incognito™ Braces are placed on the backs of your teeth so they’re completely hidden from view. Dr. Buddy is a leading provider of this type of braces, so you can trust you’re being treated by the best.
- Self-Ligating Braces: Similar to traditional braces, self-ligating braces also have brackets and wires. But instead of elastics to help move your teeth, the brackets have little doors that can handle the job all on their own. Dr. Buddy might recommend this type of braces if your teeth are significantly crowded.
- Invisalign: For those who don’t want a fixed orthodontic treatment, Invisalign offers a removable solution to straighten your teeth. Invisalign uses a customized series of plastic trays to move your teeth to the optimal position, based on Dr. Buddy’s expert treatment plan.
- Invisalign Teen: Specifically designed for younger, developing mouths, Invisalign Teen is the perfect option for active kids who don’t want a mouthful of brackets and wires. Talk to Dr. Buddy to see if Invisalign Teen is right for you or your child.
Choose your Orthodontic Treatment Plan
Dr. Buddy will work with you decide on a treatment plan that fits in with your needs, goals and lifestyle. He’ll answer any questions you have to make sure you feel 100% confident in your decision. Once you’ve chosen a treatment plan, you’ll discuss the cost and your insurance coverage with one of our team members to find a payment plan that works for your budget. Then we’ll help you schedule your next appointment and that’s it. You’ll be one step closer to achieving the smile of your dreams.