Well, we’re officially four months into the current pandemic. While we’ve felt the impact big time at Davis Orthodontics, we’ve been fortunate to be able to reopen the doors of our Greer and Simpsonville orthodontic practice to our wonderful patients. But unfortunately, many local businesses are still struggling to stay afloat, with the restaurant industry being hit particularly hard.
It’s more important now than ever before to support local businesses and do our part to help our community bounce back. That’s why we wanted to take the opportunity to highlight some of our favorite restaurants in Simpsonville and Greer, SC. Whether you’re getting more comfortable going out for meals again or you’re sticking to take out for now, here are some of the best places to eat in Greer, Simpsonville and beyond.
- Stella’s Southern Bistro – 684 Fairview Road, Simpsonville, SC – One of Simpsonville’s best restaurants, Stella’s is a go-to spot for southern favorites such as shrimp and grits, local fish dishes and buttermilk fried okra. The best part? Stella’s has many braces-friendly meal options, so if you or your kids have braces, you’ll have no problem dining out. Stella’s is currently open for dine-in, take out and delivery. Be sure to check the website for up-to-date hours of operation.
- Dellaventura’s Pizzeria – 337 S Buncombe Rd, Greer, SC – Whether dining in or ordering at home, you can’t go wrong with Dellaventura’s award-winning pizza. This family-owned downtown Greer restaurant has been serving up delicious pies, pastas, entrees and desserts since 1972 and even has a kids’ menu for more selective eaters. Does someone in your family have braces? Don’t worry! Pizza and pasta are great foods to eat with braces, you just may need to cut the pizza into bite-size pieces first.
- El Tejano Mexican Restaurant – 38 Ray E Talley Ct, Simpsonville, SC – Nominated for best Mexican in Upstate South Carolina, El Tejano Mexican Restaurant is a must for any taco, burrito, quesadilla and enchilada fan. This family-friendly Simpsonville restaurant has everything you need for a classic Mexican night out or in. Just be sure to avoid hard taco shells if you have braces. Currently open for dine-in, take out and delivery.
- Coach House Restaurant – 637 S Main St, Simpsonville, SC – This local legend for family fare has been serving Simpsonville for almost 30 years. With a focus on fresh Southern eats, customer service and a family vibe, it’s no wonder Coach House is one of the best restaurants in Simpsonville, SC. Currently open for dine-in and take out, you can get your Coach House fix morning, noon and night. The kids’ menu includes fun, cartoon-themed items like Ninja Turtles (chicken fingers and fries) and Peter Pan (peanut butter and jelly sandwich), so there’s sure to be something for even your youngest family members.
- Thai Cuisine Restaurant – 128 S Main St, Simpsonville, SC – As one of the best Thai restaurants in Upstate South Carolina, we’re lucky to have this neighborhood gem right here in Simpsonville. Thai Cuisine Restaurant is offering their delicious Thai classics for dine-in and take out, and recently added sushi to the menu. So you can have your massaman curry and eat your California roll, too! Thai food and sushi are also perfect foods for braces, as long as you avoid anything too crunchy. Stick to curries and rolls and you’ll be good to go.
- Generations Bistro & Bar – 912 S. Batesville Road, Greer, SC – For anyone with dietary restrictions, look no further than Generations Bistro & Bar. This downtown Greer restaurant has too many vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options to mention, so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands. Dishes at Generations tend to be a little more upscale, so this is one of the best Greer restaurants for special occasions. Open for dine-in and take out, Generations Bistro has delicious options for everyone.
- The Great Bay Oyster House – 109 E. Poinsett Street, Greer, SC – Hands down one of the best restaurants in Greer, The Great Bay Oyster House is doing everything right: food, drinks, atmosphere and customer service. It’s a family favorite even if you’ve got picky eaters in the family that aren’t up for slurping oysters (although, we highly recommend that you do). From salads and crab cakes to fresh fish entrees and oyster platters, it’s impossible not to have a good time at the Great Bay Oyster House. There’s a children’s menu too, with simple, kid-friendly fare. Currently open for dine-in and take out.
Did we miss any of your favorites? What other local Greer and Simpsonville restaurants are you supporting right now? Let us know the next time you come in to see Dr. Buddy. Call now to book an appointment.